Vision and Values
Vision of Pave the Way
The vision of Pave the Way is that people all over Queensland who have a disability are supported and safeguarded by their family and others to have a good life now and in the future.
Pave the Way assists families and people with a disability to develop a vision for now and the future, to plan towards making that vision a reality, and to develop ways to safeguard that vision and individual when the family is no longer able to do so.
Pave the Way will contribute to achieving this vision by:
- assisting people to clarify their vision and plan
- providing relevant information (including legal)
- supporting people to develop further their strategies towards realising their vision
- assisting people to develop networks and support circles
- providing relevant ongoing support
- developing and supporting panels of relevant professionals
- providing workshops
- supporting local people to promote and develop their own community responses
- developing and documenting safeguarding strategies for people throughout Queensland
- contributing what we learn from Pave the Way statewide, nationally and internationally.
Values of Pave the Way
Pave the Way values:
- the giftedness in all people
- people taking charge of their own lives
- being with (not doing for)
- peoples’ histories
- working it out/having a go
- meaningful lives.